Hans Eenhoorn of the UN Taskforce against hunger stayed within Kpare in 2008 and spoke with the residents and the chairman of the foundation Kpare Cees Hageraats.
Kpare Foundation was founded on January 4, 2002 in the Netherlands and book since success for the residents of a Kpare, a small community in the most northern savannah region of Ghana. The main goals which the projects are aimed at Kpare Foundation:
- Ensure better nutrition, better housing and a higher income.
- Financial support for agriculture to farmers with limited resources.
- Agricultural production in the dry season, when a planned dam and irrigation system are operational.
- Training of people in the self build traditional houses, instead of hiring external forces.
- Helping to generate income by weaving, dyeing, sewing, beekeeping and rabbits.
- Create a clinic that is suitable for traditional Ghanaian health.
To achieve our goals is Kpare foundation depends entirely on its donors and sponsors. See our donations page for more information.